With the countdown to Christmas underway, Royal Mail has announced the last posting dates to ensure gifts arrive in time for the big day.
It recommends posting second class mail by Thursday, December 18 and first-class presents and cards by Saturday, December 20.
The last date for Royal Mail Special Delivery Guaranteed is Tuesday, December 23.
Details of the last recommended date for posting international deliveries are as follows:
- Wednesday, December 3 - Asia, Far East (including Japan), New Zealand
- Thursday, December 4 - Australia
- Friday, December 5 - Africa, Caribbean, Central and South America, Middle East
- Monday, December 8 - Cyprus, Eastern Europe, Greece
- Tuesday, December 9 - Canada, Poland
- Friday, December 12 - USA
- Saturday, December 13 - Western Europe (excluding Greece, Poland)
For International Standard HM Forces Mail - British Forces Post Office (BFPO) the last recommended dates are:
- Friday, November 28 - Operational BFPOs
- Friday, December 12 - Static BFPOs
Deliveries will run as normal between Christmas and New Year except on Sunday, December 28 and New Year’s Day. For more information and full details of Christmas deadlines and postal services during the festive season visit the Royal Mail website at www.royalmail.com/greetings or call 0845 774 0740.