Family have a lucky escape as TV causes bedroom fire

Latest news...
Latest news...
3
Have your say

A family had a lucky escape when a television sparked a fire in their home in Castleford.

Firefighters were called to the house on Princess Street at around 1.20am on Sunday, where the two adults and two children had managed to get out after being woken up by a smoke alarm.

Dave Smith, watch commander, said: “We believe the fire was started by a television in a bedroom. We had previously given the occupants of the house fire safety advice at the property. They acted on the advice given and closed the door to contain the fire.”

A bedroom was badly damaged but no-one was injured in the incident.

To arrange a free fire safety check visit www.westyorksfire.gov.uk