In this week’s Express we report how a Chinese restaurant is on the brink of bankruptcy after vicious rumours a customer got a dog microchip lodged in their teeth.
Also in news:
- Teenage sweethearts who didn’t see each other for 22 years have married after reuniting on Facebook.
- Find out the latest on the mysterious disappearance of Castleford’s high street horse.
- Pontefract cricketer Tim Bresnan was so bowled over by Castleford Tigers’ plans to sell its ground for a supermarket development he was one the first 3,000 people to sign a petition backing the scheme.
In competitions and promotions:
- Get a free bottle of win at Pontefract’s King’s Croft Hotel.
- Get 20% off at Store Twenty One.
- Save up to 60% of summer hotel breaks.
- Castleford Tigers aim to put on a better show in front of the Sky TV cameras against Huddersfield Giants on Sunday after flopping on their last two appearances on the sports channel.
- Featherstone Rovers have been hit by a fresh crop of injuries ahead of Sunday’s home game against York City Knights.