IN this week’s Express the family of Ackworth man Paul Farey pay tribute to their “inspirational” son, who died after a long battle with a rare heart condition.
Also in news:
- A suicidal woman who torched her flat in a booze-fuelled frenzy while family members were trapped upstairs has been jailed.
- Ambitious plans to redevelop Featherstone Rovers’ Big Fella’s Stadium will be on show at a special community event in the town next month.
- A Streethouse mum fears thousands of lives could be devastated if the heart unit that saved her son is closed.
- Find out if your son or daughter has sent you a Father’s Day text message.
- Get a FREE pint at selected pubs!
- Get a free bottle of wine with dinner at a Wakefield restaurant.
- Save 15% at Dickies.
- Featherstone Rovers are set to be close to full strength for Thursday night’s Northern Rail Cup semi-final against Halifax at Bigfellas Stadium.
- Castleford Tigers coach Terry Matterson has selection dilemmas for Friday night’s Super League clash at Salford City Reds.
- Qualifying matches for Castleford and District Crown Bowling Association’s annual festival will be played next week. There are full details of all the entrants and venues.