IN this week’s Express we report how terrified staff were still waiting for a visit from police three days after yobs opened fire at a Pontefract business.
Also in news:
- Horrified Stuart Smith spoke of his shock after discovering a gay pornographic story on the back of scrap paper given to him by staff at Pontefract Library.
- Castleford Tigers’ star Brett Ferres has been reunited with “irreplaceable” rugby shirts stolen from his home earlier this year.
- A Pontefract man has been jailed for his role in a horrifying torture plot which saw two men drugged, burned, branded and left for dead at a bus stop after a night out.
- A full round-up and pictures from of A Level results day - with full results from Pontefract NEW College, St Wilfrid’s, Brigshaw and Ackworth high schools.
In competitions and promotions:
- Four pages of holidays from £10.
- Is your furry friend the pick of the pets? Find out how you can enter them into our I Love My Pet competition.
- Win cinema tickets.
- Castleford Tigers are hoping to snatch a home tie in the Super League play-offs by winning their last two league matches.
- Featherstone Rovers will be guaranteed top spot in the Co-operative Championship for the second year running if they win their last two league games, starting with Sunday’s clash at Sheffield Eagles.
- All the latest news from the local cricket scene including scorecards and round ups of last weekend’s action.