IN this week’s Express we report on the dramatic rescue mission to save an 11-year-old girl who became stranded on an island in a Knottingley Quarry. We also reveal the name of Castleford Tigers’ new coach.
Also in news:
- Ambitious plans to turn Castleford Tigers’ ground into a supermarket – which will provide all the cash for the club’s new multi-million pound stadium – have been delayed by up to three months.
- Vintage steam and traction engines stoked interest in thousands of Five Town residents who flocked to the first Pontefract Steam Rally at the weekend
- A neighbour from hell who led police on a chase through Ferrybridge after breaching an interim anti-social behaviour order (ASBO) has been spared jail.
- A full report and pictures from GCSE results days – including all the results from schools across the Five Towns.
In promotions and competitions:
- Is your pet top dog? Enter our I Love My Pet competition.
- Two for one at Xplore soft play.
- Free child entry at Yorkshire Wildlife Park.
- UK holidays from £10.
- Castleford Tigers boss Terry Matterson admits he has tough selection decisions to make for Saturday’s crucial game against play-off rivals Hull.
- Coach Daryl Powell says table-toppers Featherstone Rovers have plenty of motivation to win their final league match at Widnes Vikings on Sunday.
- All the latest news from the local cricket scene including scorecards and round ups of last weekend’s action.