IN this week’s Express we report how heartfelt tributes have been paid to a 23-year-old partygoer who collapsed and died at a Pontefract nightclub shortly after an “altercation” on a nearby street.
Also in news:
- Fire crews from Pontefract and Knottingley have moved into a new £2m station to serve both towns.
- Featherstone Rovers’ boss Mark Campbell says the club is about to enter a “watershed” in its history with “exciting” plans unfolding over the next few months.
- Horrified residents whose homes were destroyed in a gas blast caused by metal thieves joined calls for more to be done to tackle the problem.
In competitions and promotions:
- Money off rides at Castleford Fair
- £150 a bed!
- Win Disney on Ice tickets
- More St Valentine’s Day text messages
- Another chance to enter our Wedding of the Year competitionIn sport:
- All the latest news from Castleford Tigers including a full preview of Saturday’s Super League match against Catalan Dragons in France and a full match report and action photographs from last weekend’s game against Bradford Bulls.
- Featherstone coach Daryl Powell is set to utilise his squad’s strength in depth when Rovers play their second match in four days against Dewsbury Rams at Bigfellas Stadium on Sunday.
- Featherstone chairman Mark Campbell believes Championship-winners Rovers have a “fantastic opportunity” of obtaining a Super League licence in 2014.