IN this week’s Express a woman told a rape trial jury she was the victim of a sex attack as she urinated in a Pontefract ginnel after a night out.
The 21-year-old woman told Leeds Crown Court she was pushed against a wall and forced to perform a sex act on teenager Martin Nash in the Spring Gardens alleyway, off Cornmarket, while her boyfriend was waiting for food at a takeaway around the corner.
The court was shown CCTV footage of Nash, 19, of Benson Lane, Normanton, walking down the ginnel shortly after the woman left her partner outside Best Kebabs to “answer a call of nature”.
Also in the news...
- Horrified Kathryn Pygott spoke of her shock after vicious thugs goaded their dogs to kill her cat before stamping on its face.
- Defiant chiefs behind Castleford Tigers’ plan to sell its ground for a supermarket say they are in “final discussions” with two major retailers.
- A multi-million pound investment in Ferrybridge Power Station’s new energy project will create hundreds of jobs across the Five Towns.
- All the latest news from Castleford Tigers, including a full preview of Friday’s big Super League local derby against Wakefield Wildcats and a full match report and action photographs from last weekend’s game against Hull KR.
- Featherstone Rovers coach Daryl Powell predicts a tough test for his side against Sheffield Eagles in a re-run of last year’s Championship Grand Final at the Big Fellas Stadium.
- More on the upcoming Featherstone Rovers cup clash with Castleford Tigers - arrangements for fans announced.
- Glasshoughton Welfare FC revive promotion hopes with double victory over rivals.
- £5 off at Bonmarche
- 30 per cent off Easter visits to Lightwater Valley
- Buy one get one free at Flow House