IN this week’s Express we report on how an army bomb disposal team was called in after a woman told police she had a hand grenade her children had used as a toy for years.
In other news:
- A Pontefract mum whose baby cannot cry is backing a campaign to build a home-away-from-home at a specialist children’s hospital.
- It was a landslide victory for the Labour party at this year’s Wakefield Council election.
- Health chiefs could axe almost 180 jobs as the cash-strapped Mid Yorkshire Hospitals Trust looks to slash its £24m deficit.
- Featherstone Rovers coach Daryl Powell says his players need to re-focus after their recent poor league form has seen them slip to sixth place in the table.
- Castleford Tigers coach Ian Millward is backing Daryl Clark for a future England call up after the 19-year-old’s outstanding display against Widnes Vikings on Monday.
- Action photographs and reaction from Castleford’s Super League victory over Widnes and Featherstone’s Championship defeat against Halifax.
Promotions and competitions:
- Get a fish butty for £2.50 from Charlie’s Chippy.
- We launch our pub of the year competition
- Meet more wedding of the year finalists