IN this week’s Express we report on police investigating the possible source of a major oil spill in an eight-mile stretch of the River Aire near Castleford.
Also in the news:
- An exotic serpent caused drama in Darrington last weekend when it slithered into a couple’s back garden.
- Castleford haulage company bosses claim constant floods of sewage water at their business are costing the firm thousands of pounds.
- Concerned campaigners are joining forces to apply for grants which could save their libraries from the axe.
- All the latest news from Castleford Tigers and Featherstone Rovers
- Action photographs and reaction from Featherstone’s 28-28 draw at Sheffield Eagles.
- A full round up and scorecards from last weekend’s local cricket games.
- Action photographs and a full report from Pontefract’s race meeting last Sunday.
Promotions and competitions:
- Two for one at Flow House at Xscape in Castleford
- Full round up of A level results
- Two for one at Cannon Hall Farm