WE report on how Castleford Tigers’ star Richard Owen – who punched a man dressed in a Santa suit unconscious during a Christmas Day brawl – has pledged to “repay the community” for his actions.
Also in news:
- A former Ackworth School student who gambled away £1.4bn in the UK’s biggest banking fraud has been jailed for seven years.
- Residents were given the chance to explore a drained canal lock in Castleford at the weekend as part of a £150,000 engineering project to replace giant lock gates.
- A coroner has called for action to improve conditions on the A1 at Wentbridge after hearing a teenager who died when he lost control of his Land Rover may have aquaplaned.
- Castleford coach Ian Millward is sending out a positive message to fans after the Tigers were handed a tough start to the new season.
-Former Featherstone captain Stuart Dickens has joined the club’s hall of fame.
- Amateur RL club Kippax have been given a £50,000 boost to improve their pitches.
- All the latest news and match reports from the local soccer and rugby scenes.
Promotions and Competitions:
- See the results of the Baby & Toddler Competitions 2012.
- First tributes printed in The Prince of Wales Hospice’s Light Up a Life campaign.
- Win an Ipad mini
- Money off Monarch Airlines flights