In this week’s Express, we report how tributes have poured in for a former Featherstone St Wilfrid’s Catholic High School pupil who was on her way to a hen party with 20 friends when she was killed in a smash on the M62.
Bethany Jones, 18, died when the minibus she was travelling in collided with a lorry last Friday near junction 32.
See pages 3, 6 and 7 for our special report.
Also in the news...
– Union members across Mid Yorkshire Hospitals NHS Trust are set to be balloted for strike action as part of a long-running pay dispute.
– A police officer from Castleford was found hanging in the grounds of a school the day after being arrested, an inquest was told.
– A Pontefract family claim their lives have been made a misery after buying a “nightmare” property from Bellway Homes.
– Castleford have lodged a complaint with the RFL after Salford City Reds had 14 players on the field for a crucial spell in Saturday’s Super League game that the Tigers lost 34-30.
– Featherstone Rovers coach Daryl Powell believes there have been “some really positive signs” in his side’s last two matches against Halifax and London Broncos.
– England under 19 international Taminder Gata-Aura won a high quality Pontefract Squash Club men’s championship final.
– Three pages of news from the local cricket scene, plus a full round up of local soccer, amateur rugby and junior sport news.
– Enter our exciting ‘Superstar’ competition.
– Re-visit the 80s with our gig offer.