This week we lead on the hundreds of jobs at risk at Kellingley Colliery as bosses fight to save the pit from closure.
Also in news:
- A Castleford haulage firm is calling for Yorkshire Water to take action after it was flooded for the fifth time in two years.
- Work to revamp Pontefract Park is underway after a group campaigned for improvements at the site.
- We reveal salaries and expenses claimed by councillors across the district.
- The family of Castleford woman Chelsea Hyndman are preparing to travel to Crete to see the man accused of causing her death go on trial next week.
- All the latest news from Castleford Tigers including a full preview of Saturday’s ‘Magic Weekend’ clash against derby rivals Wakefield Wildcats.
- Featherstone Rovers will aim to bounce back from their first home defeat for 12 months when they face York City Knights on Sunday.
- Castleford professional boxer Nathan Owens won new fans for a brave performance in reaching the semi-finals of the prestigious cruiserweight Prizefighter competition – just three days after his mother died from cancer.
- A full report and photographs from Tuesday night’s ‘Singles Night’ race meeting at Pontefract.
- World class sports men and women from every part of the globe have been flocking to Pontefract Squash Club this week.
- All the news from the local cricket scene, plus a full round up of local soccer, amateur rugby and junior sport news.
- Free sunglasses for every reader
- Buy one get free at Subway