This week we lead on a multi-million pound link road which will pave the way for thousands of new homes and hundreds of job, according to council bosses.
Also in news:
- The family of Chelsea Hyndman have talked exclusively to the Express about their reaction to the conviction of her boyfriend Luke Walker for causing her death.
- A teacher from Ackworth has gone on trial accused of raping a 15-year-old pupil he was alleged to have been having a secret affair with.
- A hair salon in Castleford claims new parking restrictions which came into force this week will damage its business.
- A baby boom, new homes and an increase in the number of migrants coming into the area has left some schools bursting at the seams.
- Castleford coach Daryl Powell believes the Tigers can heap more misery on his former club Leeds Rhinos if they make a good start to Friday night’s Super League game at Headingley.
-Featherstone Rovers are set to welcome back stand-off Andy Kain for Sunday’s home match against Doncaster.
- A full list of entries for next week’s qualifying matches for Castleford and District Crown Green Bowling Association’s annual festival.
- Pontefract Squash Club’s Sam Todd won his first national championship when he claimed the English under 11 title.
- All the news from the local cricket scene, plus a full round up of local soccer, amateur rugby and junior sports news.
- £10 off at Frankie and Benny’s when you subscribe.
- Enjoy a burger for just £1.