This week we lead on a mum on trial claims her partner “strangled” her and threatened to throw her down the stairs while pregnant with their child.
Also in news:
- A Featherstone family is trying to raise £300,000 to help send their seven-year-old for pioneering treatment in America.
- Plans to create a liquorice museum in Pontefract have moved a step closer after business leaders and residents backed the scheme.
- A recycling firm in Knottingley has been fined after almost 4,000 litres of highly flammable liquid spilled from a road tanker.
- Inspirational youngster Kenan Wilkes - who has cerebral palsy - has had his dream of having a custom-made bike come true.
Plus, we have a double page spread on the funeral of M62 crash victim Bethany Jones.
- Castleford coach Daryl Powell is looking for a strong defensive display when the Tigers visit Wigan Warriors on Friday night.
- Featherstone Rovers have the chance to climb to second in the Championship when they play Workington in a re-arranged home game on Sunday.
- Photographs and a full report from last Sunday’s Pontefract race meeting when former England footballer Michael Owen saw the horse he bred and jointly owns win the feature race for the second year running.
- All the news from the local cricket scene, plus a full round up of local soccer, amateur rugby and junior sports news.
- A free 32-page Leisure Guide supplement.
- Spend £5 in Ladbrokes and get a free £5 bet on Wimbledon.