In this week’s Express we report on how supermarket giant Sainsbury’s is planning to take over the B&Q store in Glass Houghton, creating 300 jobs.
Plans to transform the DIY store into a supermarket could be submitted to Wakefield Council by the end of the year, say supermarket bosses.
Also in the news...
– A deal has been struck between pit bosses and a pension rescue fund to secure the future of Kellingley Colliery and its 700 workers.
– A junior football club has been left devastated after heartless thieves struck just hours before it held a major memorial tournament.
– Glass workers are set to vote on whether they want to take industrial action over a pay row at a Knottingley factory.
– Wakefield Council’s annual liquorice festival returns to Pontefract this weekend.
– Castleford Tigers have made a new signing for the 2014 season.
– Featherstone Rovers have the chance to snatch top spot in the Championship in Thursday night’s game at Halifax.
– Photographs and a full report from Tuesday’s Pontefract race meeting.
– All the news from the local cricket scene, plus a full round up of local soccer, amateur rugby and junior sports news.
– Become a Haribo sweet taster with our competition
– Cute Kids competition
– Free ‘Life on our Estates’ eight-page special supplement
– Win a wedding
– Free Hello Kitty sticker pack worth £2.99