This week we lead on a dad who has admitted killing his wife and their young daughter while suffering a psychotic illness.
Also in news:
- A market trader has launched a petition asking council bosses to scrap half-day closing at Castleford Market.
- Council bosses are set to approve £225,000 of funding to transform Knottingley and Ferrybridge into a “thriving” community.
- A couple who are planning to open a nursery dedicated to caring for children with serious and complex illnesses have been given a £19,000 cash boost.
- We have a special report on the tragic death of baby Krystal following the sentencing of dad Lee Davison.
- We also have picture spreads on Pontefract’s Liquorice Festival, Knottingley Carnival, Brambly Hedge Day Nursery and Methley Primary School.
- Coach Daryl Powell wants Castleford’s forwards to ‘man up’ against Huddersfield’s big pack in Sunday’s Super League match.
- Featherstone Rovers coach Ryan Sheridan wants his side to apply a ‘big-match mentality’ to all their remaining games this season.
-Pontefract Collieries stormed to a 5-2 win at Wombwell Main in their first pre-season soccer match.
- All the news from the local cricket scene, plus a full round up of local soccer, amateur rugby and junior sports news.
- We have a four page supplement of sizzling summer offers including Buy One Get One Free at Abdul’s, a free side order at Battye’s Fish and Chip Restaurant, a free Hello Kitty sticker pack worth £2.99 and many more.