This week we lead on long-awaited plans for a £5m overhaul of Castleford bus station which have finally been submitted.
Also in news:
- Prince Charles visited a food processing plant near Pontefract on Monday - the day he became a grandfather.
- Miners and widows across the district face having their concessionary fuel allowance permanently scrapped by pit bosses.
- Staff at Castleford’s Homebase say they are “angry” after being told the store may close in September.
- Two schools in Airedale could merge to provide better facilities and improve education standards, say council bosses.
- Three Castleford Tigers forwards were injured in last Sunday’s 48-32 defeat at Huddersfield.
- Coach Ryan Sheridan says table-toppers Featherstone Rovers will not take bottom team Swinton Lions lightly in Sunday’s game.
- Photographs and a full report from Friday’s Pontefract race meeting plus a preview of this Sunday’s meeting at the course.
- All the news from the local cricket scene, plus a full round up of local soccer, amateur rugby and junior sports news.
- Free bingo offer at Mecca Bingo
- Eight page Race for Life
-12 page royal baby supplement
-32 page Tour De France supplement
- Travel by train to London for £10