This week we lead on terrified shop owners who say they are living in fear after “racist yobs” threatened to burn down their store in Airedale.
Also in news:
- A teenager gave birth after only discovering she was pregnant when she went into labour.
- District hospital bosses have talked about their plans to cope with winter demand as an MPs report raises concerns about A&E staffing across the country.
- A family is organising a charity ball to raise cash for Leeds Children’s Heart Surgery Fund after their baby son had a life-saving operation.
- Work on a £200,000 improvement plan in Ferrybridge is underway as work on a new roundabout at Dish Hill starts.
- One of Castleford Tigers’ most consistent players this year is unlikely to play again this season because of a serious knee injury.
- Featherstone Rovers will aim to bounce back from a shock defeat against Swinton when they visit Workington on Sunday.
- Photographs and a full report from last Sunday’s Pontefract race meeting plus a preview of next Wednesday’s Ladies’ Day meeting at the course.
- All the news from the local cricket scene, plus a full round up of local soccer, amateur rugby and junior sports news.
- Free eight page Kids’ Express supplement including games, puzzles, a comic strip and voting for our Haribo taste tester competition.
- Two for one entry at Alton Towers.
- Children eat free at Frankie and Benny’s.
- Cute Kids photo competition gets underway.
- 20 per cent off entry at Diggerland.