This week we lead on a man who has been charged with killing a Burberry machinist after ‘attacking’ him outside a club.
Also in news:
- A trio of tots are selling their own toys to help raise cash for Leeds General Infirmary’s Children’s Heart Surgery Fund.
- Plans to recruit strike-breaking casual firefighters to cover for crews taking industrial action could put lives at risk, a union has claimed.
- An elderly man was evicted from his home after his callous daughter stole his rent money and thousands of pounds from his savings.
- A drama group have been left pondering whodunnit after thieves broke into a storage garage and stole valuable stage equipment.
- Castleford Tigers are looking for a big finish to the season in their four remaining games which are all against teams in the bottom half of Super League.
- Featherstone’s interim coach Danny Evans believes the appointment of ex-Great Britain star Sean Long as the club’s new football manager has given the team a big lift
- All the news from the local cricket scene, plus a full round up of local soccer, amateur rugby and junior sports news.
- Relive the glory days with a free eight page sports nostalgia supplement.
- Enter your toddler into our Cute Kids competition.
- Two for one at Flowhouse.