In this week’s Express we lead on a grandmother battling cancer who has been told she is fit to work by a Department for Work and Pensions tribunal – despite the fact she has had part of her lung removed and is undergoing chemotherapy.
Also in the news:
– Angry mum Gemma Smith claims her young son was not allowed outside during school play time because of his “extreme” hairstyle.
– Thousands of residents across the district are being pushed into debt in the wake of the bedroom tax, new figures show.
– Rugby chiefs have joined forces with a Knottingley school to give their stars of the future access to first class facilities.
– Match report and reaction to Featherstone Rovers’ heartbreaking play-off semi-final defeat
– All the latest Castleford Tigers news including reports that one player’s proposed move has hit a snag
– Comprehensive local football round-up
– All the latest from the local rugby league scene, including a vital win for Castleford Panthers
– Teenage motocross star Jordan Eccles is crowned British champion
– Pontefract Squash Club celebrates European title success
– Money off Yorkshire produce at Tesco
– Hot 100, 32-page guide to who’s who in Yorkshire
– Vote for your Cute Kids in the 12 to 23 months category