This week we lead on former pit bosses who are to be sentenced over the death of a miner at Kellingley Colliery.
Also in news:
- Plans for a gas power station in Knottingley, which would create more than 1,000 jobs during its construction, have been submitted.
- Campaigners claim ‘appalling’ rail services are damaging the Five Towns economy and preventing people from getting jobs.
- A Pontefract family has received a five-figure pay out after junior doctors made a series of errors which led to the death of a father-of-two.
- Plus, new rules to combat high interest payday lending companies are to be introduced.
- All the latest news from Featherstone Rovers including details of the club’s new signings.
- Stars past and present were honoured at Castleford Tigers Players Association’s annual reunion dinner.
- A report and photographs from Pontefract’s race meeting on Monday when jockey Silvestre de Sousa landed a 196-1 four-timer.
- A full round up of soccer, rugby league and rugby union match reports, plus junior sports news and reports.
- Your top 30 Cute Kids from our competition.
- Buy one main course get one free at Abdul’s to celebrate National Curry Week.