This week we lead on a Featherstone man who threatened to cut off his ex-wife’s fingers and toes during a two-hour siege after he was jailed this week.
Also in news:
- A heated row broke out at a public meeting over plans to turn a town centre hotel into a homeless centre.
- A burglar left £50,000 worth of damage in his wake after a burglary spree in Pontefract.
- Plans for a gas-fired power station in Knottingley – which could create more than 1,000 jobs – have moved a step nearer.
- One of Castleford-born sculptor Henry Moore’s most valuable pieces of work was sold for almost £4m at an auction in New York.
- Castleford Tigers coach Daryl Powell does not expect to sign any more players before the start of the new season but he hasn’t ruled it out completely.
- Featherstone Rovers have made a ‘key appointment’ to their backroom staff.
- A full round up of soccer, rugby league and rugby union match reports, plus junior sports news and reports.
- Save £7 on a family feast at Pepe’s Pizza and Chicken.
- The winner of our Cute Kids competition is announced.