This week we lead on two men who have been charged with causing death by dangerous driving following the M62 crash that killed Bethany Jones.
Also in news:
- Yobs broke into a Castleford church and trashed “treasured” arts and crafts equipment belonging to a brownie group.
- Margaret Thatcher’s government had a secret plan to call in the army to defeat striking miners as they fought pit closures in 1984, it has emerged.
- Church leader Vic Iwanuschak fears someone could be killed by motorists speeding along South Baileygate in Pontefract.
- Police are appealing for witnesses after a train hit blocks of concrete which were purposely placed on rail tracks near Featherstone.
- A preview of Featherstone’s pre-season match against Wakefield Wildcats on Sunday plus a full report, photos and reaction from Rovers’ win against Hunslet Hawks.
- All the latest news from Castleford Tigers including an interview with former Great Britain star Lee Gilmour.
- Pontefract Squash Club’s Andrea Santamaria has added the Northern Masters title to her European and British Open titles.
- A comprehensive round up of soccer, amateur rugby league and rugby union match reports plus junior sports news and reports.