This week we lead on two days of chaos after a ‘security threat’ at Haribo sweet factory and three serious car crashes led to hours of delays for motorists across the area.
Also in news:
- Planning bosses are expected to recommend refusal of controversial plans for a waste incinerator plant in Castleford, the Express can reveal.
- Two people have died after a house fire in Garforth.
- Friends of missing mum Vicki Milton have called on the Knottingley community to help find her.
- Talks between pit bosses and investors are continuing in a bid to secure a ‘managed closure’ of Kellingley Colliery over the next 18 months.
- We also have a special report ahead of the local elections on May 22.
- All the latest news from high-flying Castleford Tigers who are gearing up for tough battles against Huddersfield Giants and Leeds Rhinos in their next two fixtures.
- Featherstone Rovers aim to avenge last weekend’s Challenge Cup defeat at Leigh when the teams meet again in Sunday’s Kingstone Press Championship top of the table clash at Big Fellas Stadium.
- England junior international Jack Cooper added his name to an illustrious list of players by winning Pontefract Squash Club’s men’s championship.
- Two pages of junior rugby league match reports, comprehensive coverage of the local cricket scene and a full round up of soccer and amateur rugby league reports.
- Free eight page World War One supplement.