In this week’s Express we have a special report on how £2.6m will be spent on projects to improve historic buildings and end traffic misery in Pontefract.
Also in news:
- A grandma from Allerton Bywater hit the jackpot after winning a whopping £1 million on a National Lottery scratchcard.
- A pilot who crashed his plane during an aerobatics display in Methley may have been “tired”, an accident report said.
- A former headteacher at Airedale Junior School was struck off for nine months after a disciplinary panel heard he “improperly assisted” pupils during their SATs exams.
In competitions and promotions:
- Buy a six inch sub and medium drink at Subway and get another six inch sub free!
- Save up to £100 at The Spectacles Room
- Save up to £2 at a Castleford fun fair
- Book two nights at Alder House Hotel in Batley and get one night free
- A full preview of Castleford’s first home Super League game this season against Huddersfield Giants on Saturday which Tigers coach Terry Matterson predicts will be a “cracking game.”
- Featherstone Rovers have injury worries ahead of Sunday’s trip to Barrow Raiders.