This week we lead on council chiefs who are expected to recommend refusal of plans by supermarket giant Sainsbury’s to turn B&Q in Glass Houghton into a food store.
Also in news:
- Budding young magician Harry Phillips, who has a rare form of cancer, will have a second chance to meet his idol Dynamo.
- Controversial plans to build a £200m waste incinerator at Kellingley Colliery have been approved, despite fears over pollution and traffic.
- The generous spirit of a Castleford community helped give a dad-of-two and his fiancee “the wedding of the century” after he was diagnosed with cancer.
- We also have a special report on Castleford Tigers’ plans for a new stadium at Glass Houghton.
- All the latest news from Castleford Tigers who are on target for a top-two finish in Super League.
- A full preview of Featherstone’s final league match of the season at Keighley Cougars on Sunday when coach Andy Hay will be looking for a big improvement after last weekend’s surprise home defeat against Sheffield.
- Pontefract youngster Jordan Eccles is continuing to take the motocross world by storm.
- Two pages of news from the local cricket scene, plus a full round up of soccer, amateur rugby league, rugby union, bowls, athletics, angling, squash and pigeon racing news.