This week we lead on detectives investigating the stabbing of worker at a Castleford care home who fear two men may be targeting the homes of vulnerable and elderly people in the town.
Also in news:
- The family of brave Blake Watts have launched a fundraising campaign to raise money for the hospital ward which they say saved his life.
- The first step in the ‘transformation of Castleford’ has been secured after councillors approved plans to demolish the former Nestle factory.
- A Pontefract teenager subjected a 15-year-old girl to a terrifying sex attack after using text messages to trick her to meet him in woodland near a water park.
- A trucker accused of causing the death of a teenager on a hen party trip said he wished he could swap places with the victim.
- We also have a double page spread on Castleford’s very own X Factor star Jack Walton.
- Featherstone Rovers head coach Andy Hay admits seeing the fixture list for next season has brought it home just how tough the Championship is going to be in 2015.
- Three players to come through the Castleford Tigers academy system are set to line-up for England against Samoa in the first game in the Four Nations tournament on Saturday.
- Castleford legend Malcolm Reilly OBE has taken his place in Rugby League’s Hall of Fame following an induction at a celebration dinner in Huddersfield last Friday.
- We also have all the latest from junior sport across the area.
- Your chance to win snowboarding and ski lessons at Xscape.
- It’s time to vote your favourite salon in our Salon of the Year competition.