This week we lead on a hen party minibus driver who faces sentence tomorrow over the death of a former Featherstone St Wilfrid’s High School pupil in a horror motorway crash.
Also in news: - Family and friends are raising cash to help pay for special treatment for a little boy who can’t walk.
- Volunteers at Castleford’s Queen’s Mill are celebrating after securing a £3,000 grant to help restore the site’s milling machinery.
- A decision on whether to grant planning permission for the Five Towns Park will not be made until next year, council bosses have confirmed.
- Detectives investigating the stabbing of a worker at a Castleford care home have renewed their appeal for information in the hunt for the attacker.
- We also have four pages rounding up Remembrance events across the district.
- Castleford Tigers coach Daryl Powell is confident of having a fully fit squad to start the 2015 campaign as several players recover from off-season operations.
- Featherstone’s Australian signings Sam Irwin and Ryan Verlinden are set to arrive at the club before the end of this month.
- Fryston Warriors visit holders Sharlston Rovers in the BARLA Yorkshire Cup semi-finals after knocking out Upton.
- A full round up of soccer, amateur rugby league and rugby union reports, plus comprehensive coverage of junior sport.
We also have 14 pages of school starters pictures.