This week we lead on a man with a “sexual attraction to young girls” who has been jailed after admitting a string of sex offences on children across the area.
Also in news:
- Youngsters at Streethouse Primary School were in a whirl when a navy helicopter dropped in for a flying visit.
- Transport bosses are being urged to take action to improve disabled access at Pontefract’s Monkhill railway station.
- Youngsters in Castleford have set up a campaign group calling for better facilities at Three Lane Ends park.
- Plans for a gas-fired power station in Knottingley – which will create more than 1,000 jobs – have been given the go-ahead.
- We also have a double-page spread of pictures from people celebrating World Book Day.
- Castleford Tigers will aim to build on a stunning victory over Wigan Warriors when they visit Huddersfield Giants in Thursday’s televised Super League clash.
- Featherstone Rovers hope Aussie star Reni Maitua will arrive in time to make his debut in Sunday’s home clash against unbeaten Championship table-toppers Leigh Centurions.
- Interviews with Castleford Tigers stars Justin Carney and Matt Cook.
- Reaction, match reports and photographs from last weekend’s matches involving Castleford Tigers and Featherstone Rovers.
- A full round up of junior rugby league match reports from the first weekend of the new season, plus all the latest news from the rugby union, amateur rugby league and football scenes.