This week we lead on an exclusive interview with the family of Chelsea Hyndman after they slammed the sentence given to her boyfriend Luke Walker - who was convicted of killing her at a retrial hearing last week - as “ridiculous.”
Also in news:
- More than 2,000 jobs could be created as part of plans for two new distribution warehouses in Knottingley.
- A monument marking Pontefract’s links with the Magna Carta could be unveiled in the town this summer.
- A multi-million pound plan will ‘revitalise and transform’ Castleford over the next five years, council bosses have claimed.
- Rail services between Pontefract and Leeds will double from 2017 thanks to government funding.
- Castleford Tigers coach Daryl Powell reckons his players owe supporters a much improved performance against Salford Red Devils on Friday night after their poor display at Huddersfield last week.
- Three-times Challenge Cup winners Featherstone Rovers are aiming for a good run in this season’s competition, starting with Saturday’s trip to Whitehaven.
- An interview with Featherstone Lions coach Jamie Rooney ahead of Friday’s Challenge Cup tie against York City Knights at Big Fellas Stadium when amateurs Lions hope to pull off an upset.
- Two victories have lifted Pontefract Collieries back to the top of Toolstation NCE League Division One.
- A full round up of junior rugby league match reports, plus all the latest news from the amateur rugby league and football scenes.
- Half-price entry to Flamingo Land.