This week we lead on tributes to ‘loving and caring’ grandmother Amy Vaughan who died after a fire at her Featherstone home.
Also in news:
- Devoted daughters Grace and Evie Foster along with Freya Kilbride have launched a fundraising campaign for the Prince of Wales Hospice following the death of their mum.
- Inspirational teenager Jennifer Howarth will open up her own donkey sanctuary next weekend just seven years after an illness left her unable to read and write.
- Detectives fear con men may be targeting the homes of pensioners in Castleford after a 99-year-old woman was duped in an attempted burglary.
- Boy racers who are meeting on supermarket and industrial estate car parks across the area risk losing their cars if they continue to cause disruption.
- Plans to clean up the former Hickson and Welch chemical works site are expected to be approved today paving the way for a scheme to build more than 1,000 homes in Castleford.
- Castleford Tigers boss Daryl Powell accepts his side has a difficult task in the forthcoming Super Eights, but is backing them to achieve their top four aim.
- Featherstone have injury problems ahead of their opening Championship Shield game against Whitehaven at the Big Fellas Stadium next weekend.
- A total of 32 junior rugby teams took part in Lock Lane’s annual gala.