In today’s Pontefract and Castleford Express our top story is how Wembley fever has broken out after the Tigers’ Challenge Cup semi-final triumph over Widnes Vikings.
Also in news:
- Charities, homeowners and businesses across the Five Towns have begun counting the cost of last week’s flash floods.
- Campaigners fighting plans to close swimming pools across the Five Towns claim the council’s review on leisure services was ‘skewed to achieve the result it wanted.’
- A comprehensive round-up of all the latest news from Castleford Tigers who booked their place in the Challenge Cup final at Wembley by beating Widnes last weekend.
- A preview of Featherstone’s “massive match” at Halifax on Sunday which could decide who finishes second in the Kingston Press Championship.
- Report and photographs from Pontefract’s Ladies’ Day race meeting and a preview of the final Sunday meeting of the season this weekend.
- Two pages of news from the local cricket scene, plus a full round up of soccer, amateur rugby league, bowls, angling, athletics and pigeon racing news.