In today’s Pontefract and Castleford Express our top story is about a paramedic who clung to the bonnet of his new £30k Volvo car as a thief drove it away at speed.
Also in news:
- Funerals for two friends from Featherstone who died in a horror car crash are to be held next week.
- An under-staffed care home in Allerton Bywater has been told it must improve after inspectors found residents were not being helped to eat or drink enough.
- Bosses at a Castleford haulage firm claim jobs could be at risk after a gang of thieves raided the business for the ninth time in less than two years.
- An exclusive interview with Featherstone Rovers joint captain Paul Sykes ahead of Sunday’s clash against his old club Bradford Bulls at Big Fellas Stadium.
- Castleford Tigers aim to end their St Helens hoodoo on Friday night after failing to win any of the last 14 meetings between the teams.
- Action photographs, a full match report and reaction from Featherstone’s victory at Doncaster last Sunday as Rovers continued their winning start to the season .
- A full preview of the new season at Pontefract races when prize money will again exceed £1million.
- Pontefract Collieries soared to the top of Toolstation NCE League Division One with an 8-0 win at Dronfield Town.
- A full round up of rugby union, amateur rugby league and football match reports, plus all the latest news from Pontefract Squash Club.