DCSIMG

Discarded cigarette leads to bedroom fire

Latest news...

Latest news...

A discarded cigarette led to a bedroom fire in Whitwood yesterday (Monday).

Fire crews from Castleford and Normanton were called to a property on Wood Green at around 1pm.

Watch commander Dave Smith said: “It was quite a serious fire that was caused by a carelessly discarded cigarette in a bedroom.

“The fire smouldered for a few hours while the occupants were downstairs and they were alerted to it by the smell of smoke.

“Fortunately all four occupants got out of the property and no-one was injured.”

To book a free fire safety check visit the West Yorkshire Fire Service website at www.westyorksfire.gov.uk or call 0800 5874536.

 

Comments

 
 

Back to the top of the page