DCSIMG

Firefighters tackle blaze at Eastmoor house

Latest news...

Latest news...

A MAN was taken to hospital after a fire broke out in his kitchen this afternoon (Friday).

Firefighters from Wakefield Station were called to Park Lodge Lane, Eastmoor, at 2pm.

A grill pan that had been left unattended burst into flames.

The man was taken to Pinderfields Hospital as a precaution.

Watch Commander Mick Ferries said: “The smoke alarms fitted in his home were damaged. We fitted new alarms for free. I would encourage everyone to test their smoke alarms regularly - they save lives - and to take advantage of our free home fire safety checks.”

For a free home fire safety check call 0800 5874536.

 

Comments

 
 

Back to the top of the page