This week we lead on West Yorkshire Police who are coming under increased pressure over the death of a man killed on the M62 after his family criticised the force’s ‘complacent’ investigation.
Also in news:
- Service with a smile is the key to success for a Castleford DIY store which has been ranked in the top 20 in the country.
- Thieves stole the two letter ps from new signs outside Pontefract Park – just weeks after campaigners completed refurbishment work at the site.
- Long-awaited work on a multi-million pound revamp of Castleford Bus Station will get underway later this month.
- Pontefract engineering firm Philidas - which has been in the town for more than 70 years - will close at the end of the month.
- We also have a special investigation into a damning Ofsted report which slams Wakefield Council’s record on education improvement.
- Seven of Castleford’s new signings are set to play in Sunday’s pre-season match against York City Knights when Tigers coach Daryl Powell is looking for his players to step up on their Boxing Day display against Halifax.
- A full preview of Featherstone’s pre-season game against Halifax this Sunday, plus a report, photographs and reaction from Rovers’ impressive win over Wakefield Wildcats last weekend.
- Pontefract Squash Club was packed to the rafters for their National League match against Duffield when two of the world’s top players locked horns.
- A full round up of soccer, amateur rugby league and rugby union match reports, plus junior sports news and reports.