This week we lead on a crying child who suffered catastrophic brain damage after being shaken by its dad.
Also in news:
- Supermarket giant Asda is to submit plans to extend its store in Glass Houghton.
- Protesters fighting plans for a new waste incinerator plant in Castleford have handed in more than 1,000 objection letters to planning bosses
- A petition has been launched to save Pontefract, Castleford and Knottingley swimming pools.
- A Knottingley driver has been left fuming after her car was damaged twice by huge potholes in the road.
- We also have a special report on an action group’s plans to create jobs and boost tourism by taking over an historic former hospital which has fallen into disrepair.
- Castleford Tigers coach Daryl Powell is backing his side to step up another level when they bid to continue their winning start in Super League in Sunday’s home game against Catalan Dragons.
- Featherstone boss John Bastian may make “one or two changes” for Sunday’s home match against Halifax as Rovers aim to bounce back from a defeat at Dewsbury.
- Action photographs, match reports and reaction from last weekend’s opening league matches involving Castleford Tigers and Featherstone Rovers.
- Pontefract Squash Club’s James Willstrop was beaten in a top class British Close Championship final.
- A full round up of soccer, amateur rugby league and rugby union reports plus junior sports news and reports.