This week lead on a 58-year-old woman who was attacked and threatened at knifepoint by a hooded thug.
Also in news:
- Hundreds of jobs could be at risk at Kellingley Colliery even if operators UK Coal manage to secure urgently needed investment.
- A lymphoma survivor is pushing himself to the limit in a bid to beat blood cancers and help the charity which supported him.
- Housing minister Kris Hopkins visited Castleford this week to meet residents who have benefitted from the government’s Help to Buy scheme.
- We also have a special feature on the Royal Voluntary Service as more volunteers are needed to deliver vital help to vulnerable people.
- Castleford Tigers boss Daryl Powell believes his previous experience at Mount Pleasant and its infamous slope is a big plus factor for his team ahead of Sunday’s Challenge Cup tie at Batley Bulldogs.
- Featherstone’s impressive second-half display earned them a 36-22 win over Swinton Lions in Sunday’s Kingstone Press Championship game at Big Fellas Stadium.
- Pontefract Cue Club teams are handily placed to win three of the four championships in the Castleford and District Snooker League.