This week we lead on the fight to secure a long term future for Kellingley Colliery as the government are expected to grant a £10m loan for it to stay open until next year. We also have a special report on the impact the pit closing could have on the area.
Also in news:
- A cheery church organist will celebrate her 100th birthday tomorrow.
- Residents were given the chance to have their say on plans for a new £135m Castleford Tigers stadium and retail development at consultation events last week.
- A wife and her lover have been jailed for plotting by text to harm her husband.
- A man was seriously injured when a gang of three thugs barged their way into a house and subjected him to a violent assault.
- Castleford Tigers ready for huge top of table clash with St Helens.
- All the latest from Castleford Tigers, including a reaction to their Tetley’s Challenge Cup win over Batley and the fifth round draw.
- Long serving Tigers star awarded a testimonial.
- All the latest from Featherstone Rovers as they crush Crusaders and now look to improve their away record.
- Pontefract Racecourse is up and running for 2014 with first meeting of the year.
- Tricky British Open draw for Pontefract squash star.
- Win a Virgin balloon flight for two.