This week we lead on tributes paid to a teenager who was killed in an accident in Pontefract on Monday night.
Also in news:
- Football mad twins Harry and Alfie Charlotte have signed for Leeds United Academy after scoring almost 900 goals in four seasons.
- Workers at Kellingley Colliery are being balloted on whether to accept the pit’s ‘managed closure’.
- A team of three will be cycling more than 400 miles to raise cash to help pay for an operation to help a young boy walk.
- Air pollution contributed to the deaths of more than 2,500 people in the region in just one year, a clinical body has claimed, with emissions from road travel being the primary contributor.
- All the latest team news from Castleford Tigers whose Super League top-four credentials will be tested by Friday’s trip to Wakefield and Monday’s home clash against Warrington.
- Featherstone Rovers coach John Bastian is wary of the threat posed by Keighley Cougars who visit Big Fellas Stadium on Friday evening.
- Action photographs, match reports and reaction from last weekend’s games involving Castleford Tigers annd Featherstone Rovers.
- A full report and photographs from Pontefract’s race meeting on Monday.
- Pontefract Squash Club men’s team have joined the club’s under 19 mixed team in reaching the National Club Championship finals.
- A full round up of soccer, amateur rugby league and rugby union reports, plus two pages of junior sport news.
- Free portion of chips at Nosh’s Fish and Chip Shop in Featherstone.