This week we lead on workers at Kellingley Colliery who have voted to support a plan for a ‘managed closure’ of the site over the next 18 months.
Also in news:
- Thieves smashed through a concrete wall and stole ‘priceless’ wooden horses from a historic Castleford fairground ride.
- We have a special report on the shocking toll of injuries and deaths on the M62 through our area.
- The family of missing Knottingley mum Vicki Milton have made an emotional appeal for her to come home.
- Campaigners have joined forces to help improve a “neglected” park in Castleford.
- Coach Daryl Powell says Castleford Tigers will not take his old club Sheffield Eagles lightly in Sunday’s Challenge Cup clash.
- Featherstone coach John Bastian expects his players to be “right on the money” in Sunday’s Challenge Cup tie at Leigh as Rovers aim to book their place in the quarterfinals.
- Action photographs, match reports and reaction from last weekend’s games involving Castleford Tigers and Featherstone Rovers.
- A chance to win tickets for Castleford’s forthcoming Super League top of the table clash against Leeds Rhinos.
- Full coverage of the new local cricket season and a full round up of soccer, amateur rugby league and rugby union reports.