This week we lead on a grieving family’s touching tribute to their ‘perfect son and friend’ who died suddenly, aged just 26.
Also in news:
- Generous residents helped to make a brave youngster’s dream a reality when she swam with dolphins in Florida.
- Work on a new multi-million pound link road to relieve congestion in and around Pontefract will start next month.
- People are being invited to submit their views on plans for a new £135m development in Glass Houghton – including a new stadium for Castleford Tigers.
- Residents are being urged to back a campaign to save Knottingley swimming pool by setting up a community group to run the facility.
- MP Yvette Cooper claims bosses at troubled Kellingley Colliery are refusing to speak to potential investors to secure a long-term future for the site.
- We also have a special report on Pontefract NEW College’s outstanding Ofsted report.
- All the latest news from high-flying Castleford Tigers who host Widnes Vikings on Sunday after thrashing Wakefield Wildcats at the Magic Weekend.
- Featherstone’s new head coach Andy Hay is looking for an improved display on Sunday against Whitehaven when Rovers welcome back Andy Kain after suspension.
- Pontefract Squash Club’s James Willstrop was hampered by a hip injury as he bowed out in the quarterfinals of the Allam British Open in Hull.
- Two pages of news from the local cricket scene and a full round up of soccer, junior rugby and bowls reports.
- Last chance to win sports kit.