This week we lead on an undertaker who was caught on CCTV stealing floral tributes from Pontefract Crematorium and hiding them in his hearse.
Also in news:
- A man is being held by detectives on suspicion of carrying out sex attacks on three young girls in Castleford.
- A campaign to raise awareness of dementia has been launched after Britain’s most famous pools winner Viv Nicholson was struck down with the condition.
- A teenager died after the car she was driving veered off a Pontefract road and crashed into a stream.
- A new project has been launched to crack down on underage drinking in Castleford.
- Castleford Tigers are in confident mood for Saturday’s Challenge Cup quarterfinal at Wigan which coach Daryl Powell has described as the biggest game since he came to the club.
- Featherstone Rovers will be out for revenge when they face Dewsbury Rams at Big Fellas Stadium on Sunday.
- Featherstone Lions amateur RL team pulled off a major upset by knocking Wath Brow Hornets out of the National League Cup.
- Pontefract Squash Club’s powerful women’s team, current European Club Team Champions, won the 2014 England National Clubs Championship in Nottingham.
- Two pages of junior sport and a full round up of cricket, bowls and soccer reports.
- Claim a free polo shirt.