This week we lead on a grieving daughter who has been left ‘heartbroken’ after a council official stopped the burial of her father, saying his metal coffin was banned.
Also in news:
- A ‘predatory paedophile’ used a dog and an Etch a Sketch toy to befriend little girls in Castleford before sexually assaulting them, a court heard.
- Budding Ackworth actress Ella Ross will feature in television documentary Prom Queen Divas UK tonight.
- Five years after struggling to walk without becoming short of breath Richard Caulkin is now the proud owner of bronze and silver medals from the British Transplant Games.
- We have a special eight-page supplement previewing Castleford Tigers’ Challenge Cup final against Leeds Rhinos.
- We also have a full round-up of A-level results from across the area.
- All the latest news from Castleford Tigers in the build up to Saturday’s Challenge Cup final against Leeds Rhinos at Wembley.
- A full report and reaction to Featherstone Rovers’ crucial victory at Halifax last Sunday.
- Action photographs and report from Pontefract’s final Sunday race meeting last weekend.
- Two pages of soccer match reports, two pages of local cricket, plus angling, squash, bowls and amateur RL news.
- It’s time to vote for your winner of our Chippy of the Year competition.