This week we lead on the hunt for a masked robber who is wanted in connection with a series of raids at shops and petrol stations across the district.
Also in news:
- A teenager died after being hit by a train on a level crossing in Castleford.
- Daredevil great-granny June Gill has become a record-breaker after tackling raging rapids on the Zambezi river.
- Police in Pontefract have stepped up patrols after an increase in crime and anti-social behaviour in the town’s park.
- Any state funding to secure a long-term future for troubled Kellingley Colliery must give ‘value for money’, the government has said.
- We also have a look back at Castleford Tiger’s Wembley appearance with an eight-page supplement and double page spread in news.
- A comprehensive round-up of all the latest news from Castleford Tigers who are aiming to bounce back from their Wembley heartbreak when they play Bradford Bulls this weekend.
- A full preview of Featherstone’s ‘must win’ match against Sheffield Eagles as Rovers bid to cement second place in the Kingstone Press Championship.
- Reports and photographs from the Champions Schools rugby league finals involving six Castleford Academy teams.
- Two pages of news from the local cricket scene, plus a full round up of soccer, amateur rugby league, bowls, angling, squash, pool, sailing and pigeon racing news.
- Vote for your Express Chippy of the Year.