In today’s Pontefract and Castleford Express we lead on a protest by parents against the possible closure of children’s centres after plans emerged for a radical shake-up of the service.
Also in news:
- Caring five-year-old Kacie-Mae Mann will be going the extra mile for her friend when she tackles a 10k run this weekend.
- Campaigners showed the public’s strength of feeling against Wakefield Council’s plans to close local leisure facilities when they staged a protest outside Pontefract Pool last week.
- Families had to be evacuated from their homes after an explosion at a Featherstone shop.
- Castleford Tigers will be on a revenge mission when they host Huddersfield Giants in Friday night’s Super League clash.
- All the latest news from Featherstone Rovers who will aim to bounce back from a surprise defeat at Rochdale when they visit Swinton on Sunday.
- Photographs and a full report from Pontefract’s rain-lashed race meeting on Tuesday.
- A full preview and the draw for Castleford and District Crown Green Bowling Association’s annual festival which will be held at Ponntefract Bowling Club this weekend.
- Two pages of news from the local cricket scene and two pages of junior rugby league reports, plus a round up of soccer and amateur rugby league news.