A man suffered smoke inhalation after a tumble dryer fire at a house in Allerton Bywater.
Firefighters were called to Station Terrace at 9.57pm last night (Friday) after the occupant discovered a tumble dryer on fire in his basement.
Crews from Pontefract and Castleford used breathing apparatus and ventilation fans to clear the incident, which also affected neighbouring houses.
A Fire Service spokesman said paramedics treated the man for the effects of smoke inhalation.
He said the tumble dryer was still smouldering when they dragged it out of the property.