In this week’s Express
In this week’s Express we report how a father has been jailed for life for killing his eight-week-old daughter by crushing her skull.
A jury of six men and six women took just two hours to unanimously convict Richard Barnes, 27, of Crowther Street, Castleford, of killing his baby, Grace Mya Barnes, last year.
Also in the news:
- Heather Hyndman – whose daughter Chelsea was killed in Crete two years ago – says colleagues at Wilkinson in Castleford have rallied around to help pay legal costs as the man accused of causing her daughter’s death goes on trial next month.
– A concerned grandma says children’s lives are being put at risk by motorists speeding past a Knottingley primary school.
– A former CID chief has slammed police investigating the murder of Castleford market trader Molly Wright on the sixth anniversary of her death – claiming crucial information was not acted on.
– Exclusive interview with Featherstone Rovers head coach Daryl Powell ahead of the club’s Grand Final against Sheffield Eagles.
– More Rovers news, including two new signings from Super League clubs and the launch of a new junior membership scheme.
– Castleford Tigers prepare to unveil vision for the future.
– Read all about the latest race meeting at Pontefract.
– On the local rugby league scene, Fryston reach a second cup final.
– Plus all the latest news and match reports from the local soccer scene, including wins for Pontefract Collieries and Glasshoughton Welfare and a local derby between Kellingley Welfare and Featherstone Colliery.
– Special Baby and Toddler supplement: five pages of all your tots.
– Buy One Get One Free at Charlie’s Chippy.
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Wakefield
Wednesday 19 June 2013
Temperature: 10 C to 22 C
Wind Speed: 14 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 12 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 12 mph
Wind direction: East