In this week’s Express
IN this week’s Express, MP Jon Trickett has come under fire for renting out his London home to a Commons’ colleague while claiming public money to rent elsewhere in the city.
The MP, whose Hemsworth constituency includes Featherstone, Ackworth and Badsworth, has been criticised in the national press for letting his three-bedroom property in Barnes, south west London, to MP Kevin Barron while claiming rent on a one-bedroom flat near Westminster.
Also in news:
- Major plans to build a £200m power plant at Kellingley Colliery will create dozens of new jobs across the Five Towns, according to developers.
- An experienced biker whose son was killed riding a child’s motorcycle on a football fields has spoken out against off-road biking.
- A retired chemical worker has slammed a Castleford company for axing a potentially life-saving cancer test.
- Police are appealing for witnesses after a four-vehicle smash on the A1 left a trucker dead.
- -Featherstone Rovers are poised to sign a replacement for long-serving prop Stuart Dickens who has retired from playing to join the Wakefield Wildcats coaching staff.
- Two of Castleford Tigers’ promising young players are heading out on loan to Championship clubs next season to gain first-team experience.
- A full report and photographs from Pontefract’s final race meeting of the season on Monday.
- All the latest news and match reports from the local soccer and rugby scenes.
Promotions and competitions:
- Buy one get one free fish and chips offer at Blue Ocean Fish Bar in Glass Houghton
- Big cash give away contest
- Last chance to vote for you top tot in the Baby and Toddler Competition 2012
- Money off rides at Pontefract fair
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Wakefield
Sunday 19 May 2013
Temperature: 10 C to 17 C
Wind Speed: 12 mph
Wind direction: North west
Temperature: 10 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 14 mph
Wind direction: North